Saturday, June 02, 2012 10:00AM to
Saturday, June 02, 2012 6:00PM
A People's Hearing on Fracking will bring national, state & local fracking groups together to share information, actively engage our neighbors and elected officials, bring cultural and environmental communities together, provide citizens another chance to participate in clean water activism, and give Western New York a collective public voice on fracking.
The two main objectives of A People's Hearing on Fracking are:
- To deliver a strong message to eleceted officials; and
- To help further engage and inspire New York State citizens and elected officials regarding the toxic effects of fracking.
There will be workshops on topics including:
- “Legislative Action” moderated by Rita Yelda of Food & Water Watch and WNY Drilling Defense
- “Air Testing” moderated by the Global Community Monitor
- “Feed-in tariff (FIT),” an alternative energy workshop moderated by the Sierra Club, Niagara Chapter
- “Fracking and Fair Elections” moderated by Jim Anderson of Citizen’s Action
Transcripts and video from A People's Hearing on Fracking will be delivered to elected officials at all levels of government,: local, state, national, and international. Live stream video will immediately carry the proceedings to a world stage.
Please come testify, learn, collaborate, and engage in political activism!
For more information, visit http://peopleshearing.com.