At the 2011 Environmental Congress for Western New York, the Western New York Environmental Alliance (the Alliance) met and elected its first Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is made up of representatives from the Alliance Working Groups and Process Groups, and two to three at-large representatives.
Prior to the 2011 Congress, a group of leaders from our regional environmental community met regularly to help establish the Alliance and form a long-term structure for working together. This group of leaders was called the Alliance Standing Committee. Click here to read minutes from the Standing Committee meetings.
To learn who makes up the current Alliance leadership, see the Board of Directors list below.
Board of Directors:
- Anthony Armstrong, Buffalo LISC
- Justin Booth, Green Options Buffalo
- Jay Burney, Learning Sustainability Campaign/Times Beach Nature Preserve
- Judy Einach, NYSAWG/Coalition on West Valley Nuclear Wastes
- Erin Heaney, Clean Air Coalition of W.N.Y.
- Brian Dold, Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy
- Robert Knoer, The Knoer Group, PLLC
- Kerri Li, Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper
- Rebekah Williams, Massachusetts Avenue Project
- Micaela Shapiro-Shellaby, Coalition for Economic Justice
- Loren Smith, Buffalo Audubon Society
- Arthur Wheaton, Cornell University ILR / WNY Apollo Alliance
- Terry Yonker, Buffalo Ornithological Society / Wind Action Group