With activities for all ages, ongoing throughout will be demonstration tables with information for everything from cleaning product alternatives and car maintenance, to increasing gas mileage, to making crafts with reusable and natural materials, planting food plants and native wildflowers, cycling, and easy ways to save energy in your home.
Bring your good condition used books and exchange them at Audubon’s first Used Book Exchange.
Outside you can view the temporary installation of Audubon’s Trail of Beauty, based on Joseph Cornell’s popular nature activity. Signs are placed along the trail for visitors to read and reflect on the quotations and find inspiration from the natural surrounds.
You can share your own tips and green practices and be part of Audubon’s Living Green Mural.
Programs running 30 to 45 minutes are scheduled for:
- 11 AM – Repurposing Old Clothes: Learn how that old t-shirt, pair of jeans or sweater can become a useful item, great gift, or fun décor.
- 11:30 AM – Green Tour of Audubon: Tour the building to learn how Audubon has drastically reduced its energy bills and get ideas to save energy (and money) in your own home.
- 12 NOON - Nature at 3.5 MPH: Studies have shown that spending time outside can be healing and relieve stress. Walk with a naturalist and discover some interesting facts about our environment placed along the trail. (Remember those Burma Shave signs along the highways?)
- 1 PM – Simple Car Maintenance with I-86: Learn some simple, routine vehicle maintenance to increase gas mileage, save you money and reduce emissions.
- 2 PM – Green Tour of Audubon: Tour the building and learn how Audubon saves on energy bills.
Cost is $5 for members and children 12 and under, $7 for non-member adults. Children two and under are free.
The Audubon Center and Sanctuary is at 1600 Riverside Road, off Route 62 between Jamestown and Warren, Pennsylvania.
For details on this and all Audubon Center and Sanctuary programs, call (716) 569-2345 or visit http://jamestownaudubon.org.