Director of Environmental Affairs
City of Buffalo
Office of Strategic Planning
Potential applicants should understand grant management, land use planning, be able to integrate environmental perspectives into the city's ongoing planning efforts and review development proposals in terms of their environmental significance.The Director of Environmental Affairs coordinates and advises on all environmental matters. Typical work activities include:
- Assembling data on the city's environment;
- Providing technical assistance to the Mayor, Common Council and city departments and agencies;
- Prepares budgets, grant applications and related reports;
- Supervises the preparation of environmental assessment forms and impact statements
- Conducts public hearings
- Reviews city environmental remediation and enhancement programs;
- Maintains a liaison with federal, state and regional agencies and more.
All applicants must apply in writing for the above position and specifically detail all experience and qualifications outlined in the Notice of Vacancy .
Click here to view this announcement on the City of Buffalo website.