Buffalo ReUse, Inc.
Nurture courage. Create hope. Sustain healing.
Buffalo ReUse, Inc. is committed to creating an economic and community development program related to deconstruction and re-use that provides quality job and educational opportunities; cross training in the trades, marketing, sales, and small business entrepreneurship; and a community collaboration process that considers both current and future use of our collective land resources.
The potential of this program is achieved through the development of a business model for building salvage and deconstruction that facilitates the reclamation of quality building materials, preservation of the architectural heritage of buildings that would otherwise be destroyed, and supply of low-cost building materials to enhance the structural and aesthetic quality of existing homes in our City.
As we expand the scope of our business operations our ability to serve in other capacities in the community is greatly increased. Our vision is to:
- Forge strong alliances and collaborations with existing non-profit organizations and public agencies to expand educational opportunities for youth.
- Serve as a liaison between community associations/block clubs and the City of Buffalo, to strengthen the planning process for community development.
- Actively support the incubation of new small businesses in the City of Buffalo related to deconstruction and re-use. For instance, new deconstruction and rehabilitation contract businesses, recycling services and retail stores, consulting, even furniture-making can grow out of our core business venture.
- Actively engage in crafting policy that will encourage reuse to increase landfill diversion and advocate environmental protection.
- Support other “rust belt” cities in developing building deconstruction projects to aid in job creation and building reuse.
Buffalo ReUse, Inc. is seeking an Executive Director to lead this collaborative organization towards its strategic objectives. The Executive Director is responsible for leading the collaboration of partner agencies to improve the service delivery model for those we provide services. In addition, the position is responsible for the development and administration of the organization, managing staff to achieve the goals of the organization, and works in conjunction with the Board of Directors to sustain the organization.
The search committee is now accepting applications. Please click here for the full job description.