Publish Your Story
Submission and Publishing Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in sharing your story or art with GrowWNY readers. Stories and art submitted using this form may be published in the GrowWNY.org blog.
We welcome blog and art submissions and will publish stories that meet the following guidelines:
- Submissions should be in the neighborhood of 1,000 words or less; while we do make exceptions when warranted, it’s important to note that our most popular posts hover around 500 words;
- Please pay attention to formatting and proper grammar—if we have to spend a lot of time cleaning up your piece it won’t be posted;
- Avoid any hint of racist, sexist or religious bias, or any suggestion of nasty, snide, sarcastic, or condescending tone — “snark”;
- Obscenity and vulgarity are not, allowed and of course unverified assertions of fact, blind pejorative quotes, and other lapses in journalistic standards don’t ever belong in a Grow blog article;
- Don't advertise! We encourage you to share information on how people can live greener, but we will not publish commercials for products or businesses; and
- If advocating for a particular issue or cause, please use the "Opinion" disclaimer by adding “Opinion/Commentary” after your story's name in the title box on the submission form.
for a step-by-step guide to submitting content. Click here
to read the GrowWNY Blogging Guidelines or contact email@example.com
with any questions.