Published on September 24th, 2015 | by GrowWNY Intern0
Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History
Meet the member organizations of the Western New York Environmental Alliance!
Organization Name: Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History
Mission: To successfully foster understanding, appreciation and protection of the natural world in the spirit of Dr. Peterson’s many accomplishments.
Vision: To develop and implement meaningful nature-oriented Art, Education, and Conservation initiatives that open people’s eyes to the natural world around them.
- The RTPI archives house some 200,000 items of Roger Tory Peterson’s lifetime body of work and many important pieces are on public display in our facility.
- Specializes in providing nature-based learning experiences rooted in the places where we live
- Conducts active conservation and outreach projects in New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Costa Rica, and Panama.
Leadership: Twan Leenders, President
Established Date: 1984
311 Curtis Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
Website and social media:
Contact Information: Local Phone: 716-665-2473 Twan Leenders: 716-665-2473 ext. 225
Significant Organizational Events/Activities:
- The Roger Tory Peterson Institute Ornithological Club
- Speaker Series
- Roger Tory Peterson Bird Fest
Membership Offered: No
This membership profile was created by UB Honors Student Shainna Belocura, Fall 2014.