Published on July 14th, 2015 | by GrowWNY Intern0
Jamestown Audubon Society, Inc.
Meet the member organizations of the Western New York Environmental Alliance!
Organization Name: Jamestown Audubon Society, Inc.
Mission: Education at its center & sanctuary and throughout the community and promoting environmentally responsible practices
Vision: Audubon is an instrument for change, transforming our community into one where informed citizens commune regularly and responsibly with the natural world and consider environmental impacts of their decisions.
- Nature center providing programming and exhibits on energy conservation and local flora and fauna
- Providing nature based programming to schools in Chautauqua County and Warren County PA
- Chautauqua County award for Innovative Energy Initiatives
- 600 acres of designated wild space
- serve over 30,000 people a year
- Jane Conroe, Chairperson
- Ruth Lundin, President
Established Date: 1957
Purview: Chautauqua County, NY and Warren County PA
Location: Audubon Center & Sanctuary / 1600 Riverside Road / Jamestown, NY 14701
Website and Social Media:
- (716) 569-2345
- Earth Day Clean up
- wild 5k
- Enchanted Forest
- Gala Auction
- Winter Lights at Audubon
- Snowflake Festival
- Allegany Nature Pilgrimage
- Monarch Butterfly Festival
Membership Offered: yes
This membership profile was created by UB Honors Student Lauren Martinek, Fall 2014.