Published on August 11th, 2015 | by GrowWNY Intern0
New York Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
Meet the member organizations of the Western New York Environmental Alliance!
Organization Name: New York Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
Mission: Promotes a healthy agricultural system that is environmentally sound, economically viable, and socially just for farmers and consumers by:
- Educating all stakeholders;
- Conducting research and development activities that foster sustainable rural development;
- Sponsoring public participation efforts that encourage all people to become active stewards of sustainable agricultural systems; and
- Promoting programs that support the development of sustainable communities.
Vision: NYSAWG always works with partners – our funders, agricultural, science and business experts, and of course consumers. Together NYSAWG and Partners have and continue to present workshops, seminars, field experiences, and other educational opportunities for agricultural professionals, policymakers and the general public. All of our projects are designed to improve the security of local agricultural systems by helping us all appreciate the value and beauty of sustainable agriculture.
- With support from national experts NYSAWG brought cutting edge research to beekeepers concerned about honeybee Colony Collapse Disorder and is now developing resources about pollinator conservation for home and community gardeners.
- NYSAWG’s leadership responds to multiple inquiries every year from news reporters in NY State and from across the nation who need on air experts on sustainable agriculture or quotes for articles for business and general public publications.
Leadership: Judy Einach
Established Date: 1991
Location: Based in Chautauqua County
Website and Social Media:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 716.316.5839
- Mailing Address: NYSAWG / 8 Beckman Avenue / Westfield, NY 14787
Significant Organizational Events/Activities: Programming varies year to year
Membership Offered: No
This membership profile was created by UB Honors Student Shainna Belocura, Fall 2014.