Published on January 28th, 2011 | by growwny0
Zoning Code For Buffalo
BY ADRIANA & ROBERT
Visit the revolution will be cultivated to learn about youth coming together to make a change. Its about community and food on the West Side of Buffalo.
Hello this is Adriana and Robert from Growing Green. We are a part of Healthy Kids Healthy Communities of Buffalo and we are excited to be part of the planning for buffalo’s new Green Code.
A zoning code is a series of rules that explain how and what land is used for. Buffalo’s current zoning code was written in 1951 and is now very very outdated. A lot of things have changed since that era and it is time to write new rules.
A new green code can help protect our neighborhood and our city. It can also can prevent land uses that do not fit in our neighborhoods, like polluting factories. It can also encourage uses that help make neighborhoods better , like urban farms, gardens, parks and more recreational sites.
Do you want to be a part of this planning? Then come help us by participating in a workshop in your neighborhood. You’ll have a chance to tell the city what your neighborhood is like now, how it is changing , and and what you would like it to become.
The Locations are:
- Riverside High school March 1st 6:30-9:00 P.M.
- North Park Academy March 2nd 6:30-9:00 P.M.
- Bennett High School March 1st 6:30-9:00 P.M.
- Lafayette high school March 3rd 6:30-9:00 P.M.
- South Park high school March 3rd 6:30-9:00 P.M.
- Montessori School March 2nd 6:30-9:00 P.M.
- East High school 9:00-11:30 A.M.
- Col Matt Urban Center March 5th 1:00 P.M.-3:30 P.M.
- Hutch Tech high school February 28 6:30 P.M.-9:00 P.M.
Come to one of these workshops in your community and help to make this effort a success. 🙂